Adding a rest
|Help →||English →||Adding a rest|
- Activate the tools panel (using the mouse or the Alt+N hotkey). Press the «Rest» button for the desired duration in this panel. Move the mouse cursor over the desired position on the staff and press the left mouse button. If the program is in«Multiple input» mode, you can add more rests immediately. To change the duration press the 1, 2, .. 6 keys, which correspond to the durations 1, 1/2, .. 1/64 or press the right mouse button and select the desired duration from the context menu.
- Set the cursor on the staff (keys Left, Right, Up, Down), press the Space key and then the 1, 2, ..6 keys, which correspond to the durations 1, 1/2, .. 1/64.
- Activate the tools panel (using the mouse or the Alt+P hotkey). Press the «Rest» button if not already pressed.
- Click the mouse on the desired key of the virtual piano. The duration of the added rest is set automatically when you move the mouse cursor vertically over the keys of the virtual piano, Buttons with up or down arrows permit scrolling through the available duration settings.
- Set the duration of additional rests using the Ctrl+Up, Ctrl+Down keys. Press C,D,T,F,G,A,H key.
After adding a rest, the measure will automatically be recalculated and the remaining available space in the measure will be filled with rests.